Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Liam in the hospital


Liam started throwing up right before dinner and I thought he had swallow something because of the way he acted right before throwing up. After the third vomit we called the advice nurse and we were told to just watch him. After the fourth time, I said "this kid needs an x-ray." I was afraid he had swallow something sharp or maybe I needed some peace of mind and reassurance from an x-ray. At the hospital, the x-ray was clear but he still couldn't keep anything down. Long story short, the doctor advised to have an endoscopy, given the symptoms of sudden and continuous vomiting. He was transferred to Oakland where the procedure took place. There was nothing found so he was sent home. The hospital visit I thought would only take an hour, ended up being about 12 hours long. Liam probably got one of those 24 hour bugs because 2 days after he got sick, Caleb, Ilan, and I got sick all of the sudden. Thank goodness the baby was immune to all this sickness. What a week!

No comments: