Friday, September 19, 2008

Lorena's Surprise Party

On August 30th (past my B-day), my sister Betty invited me to the mall . Around noon, while shopping at Macy's, she told me she needed to go to the bathroom, I told her where the bathrooms were, but she told me she couldn't go #2 in a public place; I totally understood, I feel the same way so we left the mall. I was starving, so I asked her to stop somewhere fast so I could get something to eat. "I promise once I go to the bathroom I'll take you to get some food"-she assured me. I was pleased with her promise so we went back to my house.
Once I opened the door, I saw our family and some friends inside (little decorations with the number 30 were all over the house). Caleb had organized me a surprise party and I didn't suspect a bit. I thought the camera and dinner I got on my B-day were more than enough for me. My sister Betty helped Caleb organize the party, and the bathroom excuse was great to get me back home before the guest died of hunger. Here's when I first came in:

Caleb thought it would be funny to buy me this cane at the party store. It had a bunch on features on it. He told me to hold on to it because he will give a prise to whoever had it at the end of the party. I was a little offended to tell you the truth! I couldn't wait to get rid off the thing so I did...and guess who got it and had it for the rest of the party?.....

Ana! People tried so hard to take it away from her but she held on tight to the thing. At the end of the party she won a $25 gift card to Chili's. All that time I thought Caleb was joking about the prize...If I had known I would have swallowed my pride and held on to my cane.
This is Nathan trying to pull the cane from Ana's hands.Caleb also bought a pinata. It was so "fragile" (not cheap of course!) it fell on the floor after I hit it a few times. Excuse the mess in my garage.

I had cake again so it meant that I got to have another wish. It was a tres leches cake, it was good but a little too big, we ended up giving a lot away to my aunt.I think Caleb and "helpers" did great in organizing a surprise B-day party for me. It makes me think I'm somewhat of a good wife to deserve a party and enjoy the company of friends and family. Thank you so much Caleb for putting up with me during these "special" times I'm going through and I look forward to spending another 30+ years of happiness with you.

1 comment:

Paty said...

It's too bad we missed it. We would have LOVED to be there with you guys!

We are glad to hear that you had a great belated b-day party!