Monday, September 22, 2008

Yosemite


We went to Yosemite a couple of weeks ago with my sister Betty and had so much fun. We left Friday after I got off work and got there when it was already dark because we stopped to have dinner. We didn't have any reservations so we were risking not finding a campsite. When we entered the park, we were told the valley was full, so we headed for the second campsite going up Tuolumne Meadows: White Wolf. There, we found a lot of campsites available and we took spot #2. After setting the tent up and putting our stuff away we notice #2 had been reserved for Friday! We were tired from our trip so we thought it had been a mistake. Later that night, a truck kept driving around, they even stopped to ask about the campsites, saying they had reserved a spot, but they said no when we asked them if #2 was theirs, oh well!
We all slept in a tent and Ilan slept in a pack-n-play. Around 4 am Ilan woke up screaming and crying like there was no tomorrow, he finally calmed down when Caleb made him a bottle (with warm milk of course!). I thought-"how could we go camping with a kid for more than one day?!)


This is Caleb the next morning making one of his famous funny faces and holding a pancake. We had pancakes, eggs, and hot cocoa/milk/juice every morning.
Saturday morning after breakfast we headed to the valley, we visited the museum and walked around a little. We didn't do any hiking for obvious reasons (I'm 18 weeks pregnant and have a heavy toddler). This is Ilan posing at the museum, doesn't it look like a picture taken at a studio?
The creek that runs along the valley was at the lowest point I've ever seen, the waterfalls were.. absent, and everything was ...not as green as it usually is when we go (usually in July).
During our walk, we saw a family of deer. The picture of Caleb and Ilan shows where I believe Bridal veil waterfall is supposed to be but is not.

This picture is funny because Ilan seems to be looking for something.
We stopped on our way back to camp to take some pictures.
Half Dome is in the background but it's hard to see it since it's so far away.


Later that day Caleb made a fire for us to make s'mores but we were so full from dinner that we forgot about them.













The next day we went to Toulumne Meadows and spend some time at the lake.
Ilan had so much fun playing with the sand and water (it was freezing).
My little kid was all over the place, his favorite thing do do was playing with dirt.
We had fun but I think I won't be camping until my kids are a little older, just to make things easier for us. Thanks Betty for going with us and for all your help.

4 comments:

Tristen said...

Lorena!! I had no idea that Betty was 18 weeks pregnant! Just kidding! I didn't know you guys were expecting but I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations!

Jenn said...

Wow, that looks so fun. We love Yosemite. You are such a trooper. Hope you are all adjusting well.

Paty said...

It would probably be really hard to go camping with babies, I don't think I would even attempt it.

Oh and I have no idea how much DNA tests are so I don't know if we'll ever get one to see whether or not the girls are identical or fraternal. Regardless, they look different to me so I really think they are fraternal

Amber Carter said...

Oh, come on... Its not so bad camping with kids, right? The nights are the hardest but its do-able.