Friday, August 21, 2009

Fire

A few weeks ago I went to get Ilan from his nap, since his room was dark I opened his window and this is what I saw: thick black smoke. It got Ilan's attention he kept saying "huy," his general word for warning. We saw many fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars. It was exciting and scary to see all the action going on, I wonder what would be burning to produce black smoke. They closed the street in front of our home until the next day.
Ilan kept looking at me for answers but it's hard to explain things to him, especially when his vocabulary is limited. But I also think sometimes I underestimate his understanding. Do I make any sense?He hurried to get Oso and show him what was going on; he kept saying "look, look" and pointing so Oso could see.I thought they looked adorable. I never found out all the details from the fire, I hoped no one was hurt.

1 comment:

Amber Carter said...

Awww, so cute. He looks so worried and I love that he was showing his little stuffed animal. I thought about you guys when I found out where it was because I knew it wasn't too far from you. The fire was an oil fire from an old junk yard and no one was hurt. I'm glad they were able to get it contained!