Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blog questions

When is your "engagement" anniversary? Sometime in October

When is your "marriage" anniversary? May 27th

How long have you known your spouse: 6 years

How long did you date/court before you were engaged? 1 year

Where did you meet your spouse for the first time? At a YSA activity.

Do you have any children? yes How many - boys/girls: 2 boys

Do you have any house pets: No

Do you live in the country or town/city: A small city

What are some of your favorite activities together: Watch movies and play outside.

Do you have a favorite vacation spot: Going to new places is always fun for us. We haven't done much vacationing since we started having kids.

When did you first kiss? Our first "official" date. I think it was December 4, 2004.

What church do you attend? LDS church

Did you get married in a church?Yes, California Oakland Temple

Do you work or stay at home: I work full time (4 days/week) as a nurse.

Where did you go on your honeymoon: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

What was the funniest gift you gave when dating? I wasn't much of a funny gift giver, Caleb on the other hand made a replica of himself. He sew together a ski mask, shirt, pants, and socks and stuffed it all with pillow filling. Then he scanned his face on fabric and sew the face on the face part of the "stuffed person." He sprayed some of his cologne and said that if I ever missed him I could just pretend he was there. Kind of weird, creative, and funny at the same time.

How long have you been together? Almost 4 years.

How long did you know each other before you started dating? 6 or 7 months

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Spending time together without kids.

Did you go to the same school? No, he went to UC Berkeley and I went to Cal State Hayward.

Are you from the same home town? Close, I came to Brentwood when I was 13 and he moved to Pittsburg when he was 4.

Who is smarter? Both of course!

Who is more sensitive? I want to say...both.

Where do you eat out most as a couple? whenever we can, we like to try new places every time we eat out. We do have our favorite places if we want something specific.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Dominican Republic.

What attracted you about him/her? His personality, I thought he was so goofy and cute at the same time. He still makes me laugh!

Who does the cooking? We both do. Maybe I do 60% and he does 40%. I always cook around what we have on hand, and my food is pretty good. He wants to have every single ingredient on the recipe (he always needs a recipe) and would make a special trip to the store to get them. Everything tastes so much better when you're hungry!

Who is more social? I'm Mexican so I am more social around my family and friends but Caleb is definitely more social in any other setting.

Who is the neat-freak? I like to have a clean and organized house more than Caleb but it's almost never the way I would like it to be (that's OK, we have 2 little kids).

Who is more stubborn? me

Who hogs the bed? me, I always push Caleb to the edge but I think it's because I'm always looking for his warmness.

Who wakes up earlier? I do now at 6 am but starting Monday, Caleb will be the one waking up early because I'm working the PM shift for 6 months.

Where was your first date? Depends who you ask. Caleb says our first date was the day he went to my house to make an apple pie for a church activity. I say our first date was the day we went to the movies.

Who had more boyfriends/girlfriends? me

Do you get flowers often? Not as often as when we first got married (we had a flower shop just 2 blocks away from our apartment so Caleb would buy me flowers on his way home from school).

How do you spend the holidays? We divide most holidays between our families (they live close). Dinner at one place, dessert at another sort-of-thing.

Who is more jealous? Neither of us, except he doesn't like when I make comments about how HOT actors are i.e. Edward from Twilight.

How long did it take to get serious? Since we were officially boyfriend/girlfriend.

Who eats more? Depends, If I'm preggo I do. If Caleb is trying to lose weight, I do. Any other times Caleb eats more than me.

Who does the laundry? We both do

Who’s better with the computer? Caleb of course, especially PhotoShop.

Leave a piece of advice for the other couples: Get enough sleep.

If I tag you then you should fill this out and post it on your blog: Everyone who reads my blog

4 comments:

Amber Carter said...

Thats funny, Jason gave me the same sort of gift when we were dating. Only he bought his at a fair and they did the scanning and sewing but he picked out clothes that would match his and put cologne on it to send to me when I was only my internship in Chicago.
So is the evening shift switch a good thing or not your choice?

lovebirds said...

Caleb is starting the police academy so someone needs to be with the kids in the morning. That is why I'm switching to PMs.

Amber Carter said...

How exciting! I bet Caleb is going to love carrying a gun around. Haha. Hopefully when he is finished he can get a job in the area so you wont have to move!

Paty said...

The big stuffed Caleb was a very creative gift...although a little weird, hehehe.