Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin patch BBQ

This is one of my favorite Ward activity: BBQ at the Somerhalders. They provide hot dogs (I had an apple gouda sausage) and chili and everyone else brings a salad or desert. Young children have a great time playing in the sand and the older kids playing football. They have this amazing tree that if I was 25 years younger I would climb it and pretend it was my house just like I used to when I was little. Here's part of that tree...Do you know Ilan means tree in Hebrew? My little tree...
My family.
Having a good time with dad.
The Somerhalders have a pumpkin patch and every year during this activity they let every child have one pumkin. Here's Ilan saying "I want this one." "It's heavy" he said..
"it's heavy," he kept saying...
This is Liam's pumpkin.

The boys with their cousin.
Ilan and his friends.

1 comment:

Paty said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Wish we had an activity like that at our ward.